In this panel discussion, Sybil is joined by guest panelists Amy and Shelby to talk about their experiences as women who have currently chosen not to have children. They also discuss how they remain childless, their fears and thoughts about motherhood, and more.
* By having this conversation, we are in no way saying that motherhood or children are wrong or undesirable. We are only expressing our own experiences.
The panelists will be watching the comments to respond to ideas and issues brought up in this discussion.
- The Childless By Choice Project
- The Childfree Life Forum
- Two Is Enough: A Couple's Guide to Living Childless by Choice
- Inspiration for Childless and Childfree Women: Big Deal?
- Things You Should Never Say to a Person Who is Childless by Choice by DefyGravity
- Childfree in the Church by Cha Cha from Feminist Mormon Housewives
"One of our family members recently overheard a young couple on an airline flight explaining that they chose to have a dog instead of children. 'Dogs are less trouble,' they declared. 'Dogs don’t talk back, and we never have to ground them.' We rejoice that so many Latter-day Saint couples are among that unselfish group who are willing to surrender their personal priorities and serve the Lord by bearing and rearing the children our Heavenly Father sends to their care. (from "Unselfish Service" by Dallin Oaks)
"How can mothers justify their abandonment of home when they are needed so much by their offspring? Rationalization must take over as they justify themselves in leaving home and children." (from Faith Precedes the Miracle by Spencer W. Kimball, pages 116-17.)