Right click here to download the mp3.
|Art by Francene Hart|
The panelists will be watching the comments to answer questions and discuss issues raised during the discussion.
Here are references and resources for this topic, several of which were cited or mentioned in the panel discussion.
- "A Mother There" A Survey of Historical Teachings about Mother in Heaven by David L. Paulsen and Martin Pulido
- Mormon Matters podcast Heavenly Mother in Today's Mormonism: Discussing the BYU Studies article "A Mother There"
- Review of Paulsen and Pulido's "A Mother There" by RT at Faith Promoting Rumor
- Is There a Place for Heavenly Mother in Mormon Theology?: An Investigation into Discourses of Power by Margaret Toscano
- How to Worship Our Mother in Heaven (Without Getting Excommunicated) by Kevin L. Barney
- God As Mother by Carrie A. Miles
- The Mormon Concept of a Mother in Heaven by Linda Wilcox
- The Genesis of Gender, or Why Mother in Heaven Can't Save You by Carrie A. Miles (followed by) If I Hate My Mother, Can I Love the Heavenly Mother? Personal Identity, Parental Relationships and Perceptions of God by Margaret Toscano
- Reflections On God The Mother by Julie Nicholes (followed by) Native American Concepts of a Mother in Heaven Bonnie Mitchelle (followed by) A Response by Suzanne Lundquist
- Feminist Episcopalian podcast: Circle Connections
- Mother Wove the Morning by Carol Lynn Pearson
- Introduction from Mother Wove the Morning by Carol Lynn Pearson
- Emerging Discourse on the Divine Feminine compiled by Maxine Hanks
- Personal Discourse on the God the Mother by Martha Pierce
- Daughters of God by Gordon B. Hinckley