Part of the aim of this podcast is to give voice to our stories as Daughters of Mormonism. This episode is an interview with Amelia, who will be one of our panelists for future discussions. She shares her journey to this point and talks particularly about Proposition 8 and having a voice that is heard.
Amelia will be watching the comments to answer questions or discuss issues raised in her talk.
- On Being hosted by Krista Tippett (the archives include all the shows from when it was know as "Speaking of Faith" also)
- "The Soul in Depression" from On Being
- "A Wild Love for the World" with Joanna Macy, from On Being
- "The Vitality of the Struggle" with Terry Tempest Williams, from On Being
- "Heretics" from This American Life
- Pema Chodron on Bill Moyers' On Faith & Reason
- Refuge by Terry Tempest Williams
- Rilke's Book of Hours: Love Poems to God (trans. Joanna Macy and Anita Barrows)
- Dickinson's 508/353 "I'm ceded..."
- Dickinson's 632/598 "The Brain -- is wider than the Sky"
- Stephen Prothero "Against the 'Answer Bank' Theory of Religion"