Right click to download the mp3.
|Violet and Her Violin by Ann Gardner|
In this two-part episode, Beatrice shares her passion for teaching and research as she tells about getting her PhD and having her first child. She compares her strong drive toward pursuing her dreams to the intimate passion a violinist feels for her violin.
What have been your experiences in finding a balance
between motherhood and your own dreams and passions?
Beatrice will be watching the comments to answer questions or discuss issues raised in her interview.
Resources from Beatrice
- Beatrice's Blog: Both Sides Now
- Hi, I'm Emily! from the recent Mormon Ad Campaign
- LDS Family Ideals versus the Equality of Women:Navigating the Changes Since 1957 by Carrie A. Miles
- My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
- The Chosen by Chaim Potok